We live in a culture that over-emphasizes cognitive intelligence (IQ) and under-values body intelligence (BQ).
Most of us have learned behaviors that emphasize living in our heads while undervaluing the body, which has stunted the growth of our body intelligence. We tend to use and abuse our bodies rather than viewing them as a source of wisdom.
If this is true for you, you’re likely feeling drained, dissatisfied and disconnected.
In the absence of healthy BQ, unconscious habits and patterns take over, which drains your energy and causes physical and emotional stress. This way of living in your body affects your attitude and the way you perceive yourself, others, and the world. In other words, it puts a damper on your whole life.
The good news is that building healthy BQ alleviates stress and recharges your whole system.
As you learn how to be more connected to the intelligence of your body throughout the day, you’ll perceive the world through enlivened senses, feel more energized, and experience a deep sense of ease and flow in your life.
You deserve to feel this good and you can do it!
Increasing BQ awakens your capacity to listen to your body, respond to the cues it’s giving you, and then make the changes that honor this inner wisdom. Your body then becomes a trusted source of intelligence, power, and pleasure.
A person with healthy BQ:
- Maintains a relaxed state in their body most of the time.
- Listens and responds to their body’s signals.
- Connects to the sensations throughout their whole body.
- Senses the space around them and is able to locate their body in
- Cares for and nourishes their body in a way that supports optimal
- Fully enjoys the five senses.
Benefits of developing a healthy BQ:
- Increase your physical and emotional health
- Experience a greater sense of aliveness in your body and energy throughout the day
- Greater ease in making decisions and knowing what you want
- Free up energy and vitality in all areas of your life to create more of what you want
- A deeper level of connection with yourself and in all of your relationships.
- Expanded capacity for intimacy and pleasure with your partner